Frequently Asked Questions
1. Planning Department, Floor 1, County Hall, Cork.
2. Planning Department, Norton House, Skibbereen, Co. Cork.
3. Cork County Council Divisional Office, Annabella, Mallow.
4. County Library and Branch Libraries – Please check at your local library regarding opening times, internet access and availability of PCs for accessing electronic format.
5. Online viewing for desktop PCs, tablets and smartphones at www.corkcoco.ie at all times.
All accompanying background documents relating to the County Development Review Process are also available Online at www.corkcoco.ie at all times.
If you have any queries with regard to the policy content of the documents arising from viewing them at the above locations, please contact the Cork County Council Planning Policy Unit at 021-4285900.
• Volume 1: Main Policy Material.
• Volume 2: Heritage and Amenity.
• Volume 3: SEA Statement and Natura Impact Report.
• Volume 4: Maps.
Volumes 1 to 4 of the Plan are available online for inspection and download from the County Council’s website www.corkcoco.ie.
Volumes 1, 2 and 3 are available on CD at no charge. The CD also contains the Joint Housing Strategy, the Draft Metropolitan Cork Joint Retail Strategy and the Amendments (Housing Density) to the Electoral Area Local Area Plans 2011.
Volume 1 including the CD is available to purchase for €20 at the Planning Departments Public Counter, Floor 1, County Hall, Cork.
It sets out the County’s planning policy in relation to issues such as:
• Core Strategy,
• Rural Coastal and Islands
• Social and Community infrastructure,
• Economy and Employment,
• Town Centres and Retail,
• Energy and Digital Economy,
• Transport & Mobility,
• Water Services, Surface Water and Waste,
• Green Infrastructure and Environment.
• Land Use and Zoning
• Putting the Plan into Practice